Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to work...


Okay, the party's over. Now, back to work! I sensed that something was terribly wrong with my finances as the IRB has taken over my funds.

True. They lobbed off at least 45% from my paycheck and this means, for the entire month, I had to low low and dig in.

As for work, well, its a public holiday, and for a Monday where the week begins, everyone is taking it a step at a time.

Traffic was excellent as I made my way to the office. When I fired up the company's deskstop, it was time to plough through the stories which I had set aside for Tuesday and work on what's available for Wednesday.

Man, it was tough. And its the first day of the holy month of Ramadhan. This means fasting and clicking back the clock at least six hours.

Its slow and well, no stories are being sent in from the outstation bureaus. I tried to conduct damage control by plugging the holes with stories from Bernama. Which is, in my humble opinion, are truly unreliable.

Oh well, more trying times ahead. I have to lay low and keep my chin up...

No comments: