Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just a paid whore...


I was minding my own business at the lift lobby and came this computer technician. He asked: "wah, you eat for free ah? No need to pay one right?" 
Startled, I told him that I pay for what I eat. "Eh, why you so stupid, you write and pay some more, those food places don't give you free makan meh?". 
For a slight second, I wanted to slash his belly open with my ZT-0301. But when I snapped out of it, I said: "Yeah, I pay and I can afford it. And I write about it to share.."
It may not have gone into his three-inch thick skull, but the message was clear. I am not a paid whore. 
To me, he's just a fucking dumbass who wanted to be nice by striking a conversation. He lacked the tact part and I sense that his Alpha male part had kicked in, so, those retard-inducing hormones had made him such.
Stupid or not, its a matter of principle. Like an old friend said: "Integrity is good even when no one is looking..."
I know for a fact that some writers prostitute themselves for trips and trinkets.
When you do that, the hand that gives own your soul. I am without that guilt. Even when I was reveiwing knives and gear, I paid for most of the things I write about.
I never as for a 'review unit' and whore for more and at the end of it, lobby for a trip overseas. Many had fallen into that trap and many more are lured into the world of fake friends who indulge in mutual masturbation.
I learned that through the years, if you are honest and a person with high integrity, you end up last. I saw my ex-bosses who became whores. 
They get freebies and down the line, those who are loyal to their bidding had reaped the benefits. I saw with my own eyes, an automobile company PR handing over freebies, bribing the reporter.
It may be a small token, but the rewards are big. You pay RM20K for coloured page in the paper and for much less, the company gets free publicity because the whoring reporter went all out to plug for them.
But God is fair. For everything that goes up, they must come down. I saw people rise, their corrupt ways endorsed and for a period of time, the wicked ones made other people's life miserable.
And when the fall from grace, nothing had ever prepared them for the consequences. Once you no longer command the will of your subjects, people forget you.
Those who were shunned slowly slips into the oblivion. That's why its important for them to plunder and pillage while they can. When they are gone, what's left is a barren landscape.
Moral of the story: if you can live with it, be prepared to live with your mistake. 

No comments: