Thursday, February 4, 2010

Along came a spider..


Spiders aren't easy to photograph.I learned this the hard way and am still in the midst of getting the techniques correct.Even more challenging, are jumping spiders.These critters are small and getting them to stay still is no easy task.I found much joy in capturing them in their fragile environment as these insects reminds us that everything can just
go in a flash.Spiders as it seems, are sensitive to the changes in the environment.Over the past month, I've had loads of fun capturing images of jumping spiders around my neighbourhood, near
the office and two outdoor locations.I've had some success using my Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro lens.But there are some major shortcomings as the lens is already defunct.To get a 1:1 lifesize shot, I need to add an EF lifesize converter.A marketing staff from Canon broke the bad news by telling me that the product is no longer in the market.Now, the tussle is between getting the all new hybrid image stablised EF 100mm f2.8L macro lens or the
magnificent 5:1 MPE-65mm lens.Right now, that'll have to wait and my immediate task is the get the technique right.

No comments: