Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hulu Langat Training Ride Series 3

The hill section heading towards Kuala Kelawang in Negeri Sembilan

Michelle with some of our friends about 3km before pekan bt 18, Hulu Langat
Michelle and I did our second training ride in Hulu Langat yesterday.
It was raining like mad and riding in the rain is something which I am not really fond of.
At the first 7km, I pushed myself and got a two-minute lead ahead of the reast.
Then, a road cyclist overtook me at the 8km mark.
Later, a lady cyclist on her 'Mini-Cooper' bike shot past me.

I'm not taking a swipe at her, but throughout the rides, this is one of the most reckless cyclist I've come across.
She tends to ride on the middle of the road and makes unscheduled stops to take photographs.
What poses a danger to herself and other road users is the fact that she parks her bike on the middle of the road.
In a distance ride, safety is paramount. If you ignore that, you might wind up in trouble
After cycling non-stop for 9km, I slowed down and Michelle had finally caught up with her 16"
Dahon Curve D3.
Right behind her was a guy in his 26" mountain bike.
We rested at a break area, mid-way to the second check-point along the training route.
Three other riders had to turn back and the guy on the mountain bike complained about feeling nauseous.
We stayed behind to accompany him before deciding to head back to pekan Bt 18 in Hulu Langat.
Although we did not complete the ride (another 7km), we felt good that we didn't go flat on the hills.

No comments: