Monday, March 7, 2011

Pushing 20s - Training in homeground - Putra Heights


I've had a great weekend ride in Port Dickson.
And after giving it much thought, Michelle and I had decided that its best for us to do our training ride in our very home ground.
The course is a simple 20km ride to Putra Heights, covering Bukit Lanchong, section 4 - 10 and over to USJ21 across the LDP highway.
Since this is a busy place in terms of traffic, we were careful in choosing the route.
Sunday rides are the best and the overcast gave plenty of reason to actually cycle late.
I rigged my Dahon Speed P8 to carry a water bottle adapter made by Minoura of Japan.
Its capable of rigging a Camelbak podium bottle and I had also attached a Topeak Mini-Morph bicycle pump for my airhorn. 
The carrying solution is to mount it onto the water bottle cage. But the original screws were too short. So, lucky for me, I've had some longer screws stashed away. This solved the problem.
We pushed off at about 8:45am, took about 20 minutes to charge up the hill, slowly make our way to the Putra Point Sunday Market. 
Lots of goods are sold here and its an alternative to shop nearby.
We made our way to Giant Hypermart, then hooked left to section 10. There are a lot of empty spaces here.
The loop covered the edge of Putra Heights and part of Shah Alam's section 27. 
From there, we climbed back to Bukit Lanchong and free rolled towards our place in USJ26. 
We rode past our home towards the LDP exit and took the rear route to USJ21 where we had some late breakfast. 
The total distance covered was 21.6km. 
Compared to Hulu Langat, the course is straight forward with some long slopes and flats. 
No technical skills are required for the short climb and I am happy to say that Michelle and I made it with ease.
Since she's shooting off to the US on Wednesday, she won't be riding much.
The next big ride is in Malacca on March 26 with the Malaysian Dahon Folding Bike Club.

No comments: