Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kayuhan Kesihatan MPSJ series 2 - May 28, 2011 part 1

A scene from our home at dusk

Cruising along Persiaran Subang

The early birds
I guess that this morning's Champion's League soccer match and a sackload of other weekend functions around the Klang Valley had made MPSJ's Kayuhan Sihat a miserable affair.
Fewer than 100 people turned up, some were even late and joined in the ride half way.
As usual, Michelle and I got up early, rigged our bicycles and headed out to USJ 5 where the event was held.
There, I met cyclist SK Yeong for the first time.
This man is one of the organisers for the 'Urban Cowboy cari-cari makan' night ride in Kuala Lumpur's city centre.
Yeong was riding his Lamborghini foldie and lives in Bandar Sunway.
We chatted a bit and later, another Dahon rider came up to me and introduced himself.
It was no other than Fernando Gallardo himself.
I read his blog about his Dahon Speed P8 adventures and was truly inspired by his outings around Malaysia.
Fer, as he is known on the Dahon Forums, was riding his mountain bike at the event.
During this ride, I met no less than a half a-dozen of folding bike cyclists...

No comments: