Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kayuhan Kesihatan MPSJ series 2 - May 28, 2011 part 2


Fernando (left) and his mountain bike at the event

Riding towards SS15, Subang Jaya

New blood: The new foldie gang having dim-sum in USJ 21
Continuing my story about the health ride - The MPSJ ride was rather rushed today.
We cycled for 13km around several sections of the township and as far as the hype was concerned, I think the fire had died down a bit.
With the first MPSJ ride as a benchmark, I think there's a lot of room for improvement.
Why? Some folks were expecting former national cyclist M. Kumaresan to turn up, but it was a no-show.
That aside, from the neighbourhood unity perspective, cycling event as such is useful to break the ice. 
For the first time, I met people from USJ3, 4, 9 and even as far as Bandar Botanic in Klang at this event.
While Michelle and I were preparing for the ride, a guy walked over and asked about our long-distance rides.
He was actually following my web-log.
I was quite embarassed when another cyclist had attributed his decision to jump into the folding bike bandwagon after he had read about my exploits in the The Star.
Back to the ride: today affair was a short one.
We finished by 9:15am and at the MPSJ HQ, I met a couple who rode their Dahon Speed P8s.
They were looking for experienced riders to share about touring in Malaysia.
I later suggested a late breakfast session in USJ21 and learned that a new group of foldies were formed with some great plans in the offering.
Its comforting to know that the folding bike following is growing and now that the new riders are actually showing up, its up to the experienced ones to lead the way..
As for the MPSJ rides, well, next month's event will be on June 26.
Unfortunately, it clashes with the Putrajaya interparks ride which is the mutha of all family-oriented cycling events.

No comments: