Saturday, July 2, 2011

Training with Garmin EDGE800

The EDGE800 mounted on my Dahon Curve SL's handlebar

Garmin GSC-10 Speed and Cadence sensor

The user interface on Garminconnect.com's website
I took my Dahon Curve SL on a 40-minute ride covering a distance of 14.1km around Putra Heights. There were some sloped sections which got me to try out the Garmin GSC-10 speed and cadence sensor. 
Last week at Putrajaya, the EDGE800 and GSC10 were not paired as I'm not used to this GPS system.
I've retired my Garmin OREGON300 and replaced it with the EDGE800 which is specifically built for bicycles.
On this little fella, there are plenty of cool features like training and navigation capabilities.
The EDGE800 unit can record my ride using the high-sensitivity GPS and each activity is stored onto the SD card which then, can be uploaded onto Garminconnect.com
This is more economical than running the Endomondo software on my LG optimus 2x Android smartphone.
The results are astonishing as I am able to view the ride statistics and route map taken on screen.