Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Surly Long Haul Trucker

I made a beeline to the Scott Concept Store (formerly known as BikePro) in Taman Megah with my buddy Billy today.
Found a Surly Long Haul Trucker Frame hung on the store's wall priced at RM2,080 a pop.
Now, if I am to embark on a long-haul tour on a 26" bike, the Surly would be a top choice.
Why? Its known to be one of the best touring bikes in the world.
Similarly, there is a Cinelli frameset which is going for RM2K at Collin Lee's Godzilla Bikes.
When I was at the PIPR 11 ride, a guy told me that he is getting a surly frame for SGD700 in Singapore.
I don't know this dude that well and have been hearing about his plans to ride around Malaysia. 
So far, its only talk.
Back on the Surly bikes, I knew for a fact that an elite group of touring cyclists in the Klang Valley are doing some serious ride on the bikes.
I also sold a set of Topeak panniers to a Surly owner.
That stingy bugger was bound for Europe.
If I ever lay my paws on a Surly, it would be a disk trucker.
The price for a fully-built Surly Long Haul Trucker is roughly about RM5K. But if you want some good stuff to go with it, the price may be higher...

No comments: