Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's called 'brake drag'...

Getting to know the Jetstream better...
I thought my problem was solved. 
The brakes got fixed and it still couldn't spin.
Why? 
Okay, here's the situation: Since I got the Dahon Jetstream EX, I've been having a lot of fun with it.  Notably, the downhill runs. I mean, this bike can really brake!
When I brought in the bike, It didn't freewheel as much as it did at the workshop.
I thought the calipers and brakepads were throwing tantrums. And it did!


The rotor and brakepads are rubbing causing brake drag
Misalignment?
I'm not sure what to say.
Back at the Rodalink when the rear wheel was spun a few times, it was as smooth as silk.
I even thanked mechanic Wong who adjusted the brake calipers. 
Now, back at home, its a totally different problem.
I noticed that there were no gaps between the pads and the rotor.
Each time the wheel spun, it was dragging.
Looks like the diaphragm may be expanded a bit, causing the pads to 'swell'.
This was the same problem I faced when the brake started to drag.
Well, looks like the Jetstream is gonna spend some time at the dealership. The brake needs to be fixed.. 

No comments: