Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dahon turns 30!

Wow!
Its hard to believe that Dahon bicycles which began operations 1982 is celebrating its 30th anniversary.
Its founder Dr David Hon is running the show with his brother Henry and I guess after the split with his son Josh who went on with his business setting up Tern bicycles, the company is moving on with some interesting folding bike designs.




Getting back on track..
I saw the latest incarnation of Dahon's Dash P18 at a bikestore in Bangsar yesterday and I must say that I was very impressed with their new steering system.
Dahon had produced the bike with a new stem resembling the Andros system.
This improves handling and since the Dash P18 is a best-seller, I don't see any reasons why it should sit on the shelves for too long.




The new and improved Dash P18
Dahon in Malaysia..
I don't think this brand of bike needs too much hard-sell.
As long as the customer care is good, I guess Dahon will be around for a while..

2 comments:

wai said...

Looks like Dahon remains your fave foldie brand... ;-)

samo said...

Yes indeed!

Sam