Sunday, June 3, 2012

Getting ready for the long ride

Taking out the Speeds..
I took out my bikes today and set them up for the ride next weekend.
The situation is ideal for a ride from USJ24 to Tg Sepat via Kg Lombong in Puchong.
Instead of using the KESAS Highway motorcycle lane, we are trying something different.
This would be an exploratory trip along the Klang River.
I scrutinized the Google Maps and Google Earth to get a visual reference of the route that I am going to use.
Seems that our chances of linking from Puchong to Jenjarom via Jalan Kebun seemed good.
We are going on a full touring set-up with the bikes.
There's the Ortlieb front-rollers and since this will be a self-supported trip, we are going to pack our extra gear including spare inner tubes and our bike maintenance kit.

Our touring-ready bikes..
 The numbers
I've already made mention of this tour on the Malaysian Foldies Forums.
Not sure if there are any takers, but Michelle and I are pretty comfortable of doing it together.
Well, just the two of us in this case.
I am booking a room at the Gano Farm Homestay facility, a mushroom farm at the edge of Tanjung Sepat.
The estimated distance from USJ24 - Tg Sepat would be around 75km.
We've done a daytrip from our home in USJ26 - Tg Sepat before, but this time round, it will be very different.

The route
 

No comments: