Monday, March 4, 2013

H.A.W.G. gets a makeover

Getting better with age...

The Camelbak H.A.W.G. load carrying hydration system has been around.
It went through several improvements and its latest incarnation is something that I would say -- is the best around.

Performance factor

Well, first of all, you don't get many Camelbak tactical hydration packs lying around and on the shelves.
The HAWG 500 is priced around RM300.
Built quality and materials used on this hydration pack is pretty decent.
If you can be satisfied with the Philippine-made quality, which is a notch higher than many packs that are made in Vietnam, I'd say that you will have something that you can use and abuse.
The typical service life of a tactical hydration pack is between 3 - 5 years depending on the level of wear and tear.


The Camelbak HAWG 500

It has a cargo volume of 26L and is enough to pack in some daily-carry stuff.
On the EDC (Every Day Carry) load, I would haul my work essentials including some edged tools with the pack.
What I like, are the separate compartments on the pack that allows me to organize my gear.
And as a daypack, its enough to haul a change of clothes for an overnight stay.

Enter the Miltac HAWG

New and improved: the Miltac HAWG


The latest design incorporates three more cubic litres of storage space for your cargo.
Its front pocket is now higher.
That is the noticeable difference between the HAWG 500 and the Miltac HAWG.
I see a lot of potential on this pack and for those who do not want to spend a bomb, the HAWG is the obvious choice..



No comments: