Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hot Dawg!

Yearly knife purchase quota...

Every year, I make sure that I have enough money to purchase one high-quality knife. 
It could be a folding knife or a fixed blade.

Choices, choices, choices...

I've narrowed down my preference to a fixed blade and I have always wanted a Strider SLCC (Slim Line Concealed Carry) blade.
These don't come by easy as they are produced in batches.
Well, lucky for me, there was a special run by Plaza Cutlery (one of my favourite knife stores in the US based in California) with dog paw motifs.
Previously, I purchased two Strider knives with dog paws - the PT (off the table at the G1 gathering in Las Vegas, 2009) and the ED (three years ago).

Plaza Cutlery's ED & PT Doggy Paw edition
Samo's pick for 2013

Well, I did not hesitate to pull the trigger when Plaza Cutlery offered some Strider SLCCs "Doggy Paw" edition for sale.
I contacted its owner Dan Delavan to make arrangements for the knife to be shipped from the US to my office in Petaling Jaya.
This is a process done via email and with a PayPal payment option, well, no issues at all...

Built like a tank! The Strider SLCC
When the knife arrived, I was amazed by the overall built, quality and finish.
Its stocky and thick enough to take any abuse in the field.
I would use the SLCC as a last-ditched knife and am packing it on my Goruck Radio Ruck pack for daily carry...

No comments: